2015 Quality Evaluation
Summary of Patient and Clinician Surveys
In its 2015 quality evaluation, Apothecary By Design distributed 2,500 copies of a patient service survey and 235 surveys to clinicians. The survey results are highlighted below.
Patient Survey Results
- 100% satisfaction—92% of respondents were “extremely satisfied” with their ABD experience, and 8% were “satisfied.” Not a single response rated the ABD experience less than this.
- 99% of respondents indicated they would recommend ABD to someone else.
- 17% of survey recipients (420 patients) responded to the survey, a rate far exceeding the industry norm (~10%). The survey response was also greater than in 2014, when ABD received 237 responses.
- More than 90% of respondents were “extremely satisfied” in four aspects of ABD’s service:
- Courteous, professional, and knowledgeable staff
- Ability to contact a live person
- Receiving medication as scheduled, in a timely manner
- Condition of medication and package upon receipt
- More than 2/3 of all respondents named a team member providing “exceptional service.”
- 94% of respondents indicated they could not suggest any ways to improve ABD’s service.
- A verbatim sample of survey comments from patients:
“Blown away by your service, knowledge, and ethics. Thank you. You make my disease bearable, without judgment.”
“Great service. They often check up on how you are doing with your medications. You folks treat me as a person as opposed to just another customer to profit from.”
“No machines to talk to. Real people ask, ‘What can I do for you?’ That type of service is what a customer wants and needs. Intelligent workers who are articulate and professional.”
“This pharmacy and its people are the most caring and professional and likable place I have ever used. Thank you!”
“Having used a specialty med for almost four years, I’ve dealt with a few big mail-order pharmacies. I love the ‘small’ feel of Apothecary and being able to speak with a real person.”
Clinician Survey Results
- 100% satisfaction—82% of respondents rated ABD’s pharmacy services “excellent” and 18% rated them “good.” Not a single response rated ABD’s services less than this.
- 100% of respondents indicated they would recommend ABD to their patients on the basis of its reliability.
- 94% of respondents indicated they would recommend ABD to their patients because of the ease of working with its staff.
- More than 90% of respondents rated their experience with ABD “excellent” in five criteria:
- Timeliness of response
- Coordination of patient care
- 94% of respondents indicated they could not suggest any ways to improve ABD’s care.
- A verbatim sample of survey comments from clinicians:
“We always recommend your pharmacy first to parents!! The only reason they would not use your pharmacy is due to insurance.”
“Professional pharmacists and staff have always been up-to-date on hepatitis treatment options that serve my patient populations. (The ABD staff) are aware of the tedious prior authorization process required for treatment approval; the counseling necessary to maintain patient compliance; and the value I place in having an active conversation with them regarding any potential drug-to-drug interactions or patient complaints. They are a group that’s well valued in the state of Maine.”
“I love that the (ABD) staff knows my office and gets back to me about all our patients. Compared to other pharmacies, they are more personal and reliable. I trust them and use them whenever I can.”