Starting Your Treatment
At Apothecary By Design, we’re inspired by the parents-to-be we serve to provide the highest quality of specialty pharmacy care. In fact, our patients consistently rate their satisfaction with our care at nearly 100%.
During your treatment, you can be assured that your care will be managed by specially trained pharmacy and nursing personnel who have over 20 years of experience working with fertility patients. Our unique clinical support team is eager to help you through your treatment and is available to you anytime you need help or have questions.
When you come to ABD for fertility services, here’s what you can expect:
- Access to all fertility medications. We have longstanding relationships with most pharmaceutical manufacturers and stock the medications you need, at competitive prices. We also offer substantial discounts for self-pay patients. In addition, we can also provide compounded or specially formulated medications, as prescribed by your physician.
- Constant commitment. Throughout your treatment, your pharmacy team will provide information, educational materials, and counseling to help you understand your condition and treatment regimen, including how to self-inject and store your medicine, and how to identify and manage any side effects you may experience. Our clinical staff is available for phone consultation, to discuss your treatment with you, and to answer any questions you may have.
- Real people and 24/7 support. Call ABD during regular business hours and you’ll speak directly to a member of your pharmacy team in real time, because we don’t believe in voicemail or keeping our patients waiting. Our on-call pharmacists are also available at any hour to help you with urgent needs.
- Free, secure delivery. Your medication (including a sharps container, if needed) will be shipped at no charge, and often via a next-day service. In the rare case of weather delays or other disruptions, we do whatever we can to meet your needs. That’s why our on-time delivery rate exceeds 99.8%.
- Teamwork. As part of your care team, we work closely with your fertility specialist and others who play a role in your health. In addition to unmatched clinical support, our insurance advocates work on your behalf to obtain prior authorizations, and provide timely verification of benefits and coverage. We bill insurance carriers directly (including secondary benefits).
- Financial assistance. Our advocates can help you understand and optimize your benefits and secure financial assistance for out-of-pocket medication costs from manufacturers, nonprofit organizations, and other sources. In 2016, we secured over $5 million in financial assistance for our patients.