Starting Your Treatment
Apothecary By Design’s dedicated clinical team works closely with our patients and their healthcare providers, providing consistent, practical support and guidance, and maintaining helpful communication throughout your therapy.
Our medication adherence program includes proactive, monthly calls to patients, assistance with side effect management, and engaging patients in problem-solving to overcome barriers. We clearly communicate the benefits of therapy and provide easy-to-follow instructions to make treatment as simple as possible. And working with your healthcare provider, we monitor your lab results to make sure that your treatment is on track.
When you come to ABD for treatment of hepatitis C, here’s what you can expect:
- Constant commitment. Throughout your treatment, your pharmacy team will provide information, educational materials, and counseling to help you understand your condition and treatment regimen, including how to take and store your medicine, and possible side effects you may experience. Our clinical staff is available for phone consultation, and will follow up with you regularly to monitor your treatment, alert you when it’s time to refill your prescription, and answer any questions you may have.
- Real people and 24/7 support. Call ABD during regular business hours and you’ll speak directly to a member of your pharmacy team in real time, because we don’t believe in voicemail or keeping our patients waiting. Our on-call pharmacists are also available at any hour to help you with urgent needs.
- Free, secure delivery. Your medication (including a sharps container, if needed) will be shipped at no charge, and often via a next-day service. In the rare case of weather delays or other disruptions, we do whatever we can to meet your needs. That’s why our on-time delivery rate exceeds 99.8%.
- Teamwork. As part of your care team, we work closely with your physician and others who play a role in your health. In addition to unmatched clinical support, our insurance advocates work on your behalf to obtain prior authorizations, and provide timely verification of benefits and coverage.
- Financial assistance. Our advocates can help you understand and optimize your benefits and secure financial assistance for out-of-pocket medication costs from manufacturers, nonprofit organizations, and other sources. In 2016, we secured over $5 million in financial assistance for our patients.